NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Introducing Ahmed Kokon, guest blogger

I have resisted opening up the NY13blog to other bloggers for a bit. I am a little protective of the niche it has created. However with my job preventing me from blogging as often as I would like and the craziness that will be this election I have decided I need to bring in some help and expand the perspective of the posts.

I have invited Ahmed Kokon to join me here. Ahmed is the Internet Director for the Steve Harrison campaign and will be blogging in that capacity. While I have tried my best and will continue to stay (mostly) neutral on the primary side and focus on Fossella, Ahmed will clearly be covering this from the Harrison campaign perspective.

Welcome Ahmed and thanks to the Harrison campaign for embracing the blogging medium.

I welcome any other Democratic campaigns for this seat to get in touch with me if you would like to join as well.

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the blog, Ahmed, Internet Director.

I'm curious to know how much time the Internet Director spends on SiLive, or how much time is dedicated to putting out Steve's message there. It seems there's an awful lot of pro-Harrison, anti-any other Democrat venom on SiLive.

While you're free to do as you please, and I personally can't take time to contribute regularly to a blog, I'm a bit disappointed that Harrison's people will influence this blog as well. Whether directly or indirectly, SiLive content has taken a giant nosedive because of the onslaught of Harrison supporters. While SiLive isn't great for real debate anyway, it's become increasingly hostile. I don't believe this is due to an increase in support, but rather a increase in volume from current supporters concerned Harrison will become lost in the shuffle of new candidates.

It reminds me of Howard Dean's presidential campaign, or more recently Ron Paul. This tremendous internet force, that realistically has little effect on the grand scheme of things.

I hope you reconsider this decision, this is a great resource that would be undoubtedly bias if Harrison supporters are given the platform.

Even if it's once, you'll think twice about mentioning a negative Harrison piece, since they contribute to your blog. Once is enough to lose credibility as a legitimate source.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger me said...

Sorry you feel that way. Campaigns regularly push out press releases and campaign info on reporters. Tom W has regularly reposted in full releases from Harrison and Fossella. It is time consuming for me to have to search these out, read through them and post.

I am allowing any dem campaigns to guest blog so I don't see your concern for bias. This is still my blog and I do not work for or take any money from the campaigns and am free to express my opinion about them however I want. I am offering them an opportunity to reach out to my audience and embrace the blogosphere. There is little for me to gain in return that would influence my coverage of the race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home