NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Monday, May 14, 2007

My first DMCA notice. Is Fossella that scared of me?

On May 9th I received a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notice from Blogger informing me that someone has claimed an image I have used in a past article is violating copyright laws and that I should remove it from my blog. The image in question is this disgraceful flier Rep. Vito Fossella distributed last election cycle with a picture of Osama bin Laden and Stephen Harrison the democratic candidate. In my original post I note that the image was from Daily Gotham originally however it appears they have not been asked to remove their image. Here is part of my email;


Blogger has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital
Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of your images allegedly
infringe upon the copyrights of others. The URLs of the allegedly
infringing images may be found at the end of this message.

The notice that we received, with any personally identifying information
removed, may be found at the following link:
http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=3230


What is interesting is that not only is someone reading this blog and concerned but they had to go out of their way to report the image in question to Google and demand it be taken down, however they have not done so with any other images we have run like this;



or this one;



So the inevitable question is who is demanding Google remove that flier Fossella caught so much flack about? Considering it is a DMCA notice whom ever is filing it has to be able to claim they own the copyright which leaves few options other than Rep. Fossella's campaign. So Rep. Vito Fossella why are you scared of me? Why are you intimidating a blogger who posts your own campaign literature?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home