NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Domenic Recchia finally drops out

from his "campaign";


As Democrats, we have an incredible opportunity before us, to turn a red seat blue and bring true change and real leadership to the residents in Staten Island and Brooklyn. That will not happen if we are not united as a party.

Therefore, I am withdrawing my bid for the 13th Congressional district, and will support our party's nominee, Mike McMahon.

Thank you to all of the people who believed in me, worked for me and fought for me over the last year - especially those who encouraged me to stay in the race despite the altered political landscape.

Most of all, I would like to thank the voters of the congressional district, who welcomed me with open arms and believed in my message.

I have not made any decisions about my political future and have no further comment at this time.


To say his was a frustrating campaign to try to follow and support would be an understatement. I am still trying to understand what he was hoping to do but have to imagine he expected to have the field cleared for him and lost interest when it was not. I hold no ill-will towards him and his future but like DeBlasio in 2006 I think his flirtation with the race only caused problems. The question now is how he works towards helping the Democratic nominee win this seat. That will be quite telling towards how much he actually cared about the district.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger ashfdjkgnjdnjknejtne said...

I must make this correction, that McMahon is not the party's nominee.

That will be decided by the primary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home