NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Steve Harrison on FISA

via his campaign;


This Friday, legislation was passed that will take away constitutionally guaranteed rights. The FISA bill strips Americans of these rights and protects telecommunications companies from being held accountable by the people.

I am standing up against my own party because I believe we can have sound legislation that defends our country and, at the same time, protects our Constitution. If we are to hold our government accountable, retroactive immunity is the wrong path to go down.

It's time to support Democrats with democratic values and principles, Democrats who will work on behalf of the American people and protect their rights. When I'm elected to Congress, I will be that Democrat.


Great statement in my opinion. Something we will visit a little later but even our own city delegation was split on this. Finding a candidate who opposes FISA and warentless wire tapping of American citizens is high on my list of priorities.

If the McMahon campaign has issued a statement on FISA please let me know and I will post it as well

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home