NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A letter from Bill

Dear Friends,

After careful consideration, I have decided not to enter the race to unseat Vito Fossella in the 13th Congressional District. My obligations to my family coupled with the short time frame meant I could not have run the kind of race I wanted to run to take back this seat from the Republicans.

Yesterday I told Bay Ridge civic activist Stephen Harrison that I will vigorously support his campaign in the 13th District. A Democrat can and will win this seat. I ask that those of you who encouraged me to run to now join me in campaigning for Steve. Together we can take back this seat and send Democratic leadership we can trust to Washington.

I feel very fortunate to have so many good friends who offered support and advice over these last few weeks. I was touched by your willingness to help and by your belief in me. This experience has served to intensify my faith in the grassroots activists who are the core of the Democratic Party. I also want to thank the many local and national leaders of our party and of the labor movement who offered their generous support.

I look forward to working with all of you to make 2006 a year of historic change and progress for our country.

--Bill (de Blasio)

1 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Solomon Grundy said...

That sucks.

As my co-blogger wrote, that's as perfunctory as it gets. Basically he's saying "seat unwinnable. I'm outta here."

That Harrison guy is a joke, don't you think? Could his cutesy charm make up for his total doofiness?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home