NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A message from Bill

Dear Friends,

As many of you have heard, leaders in the Democratic Party have asked me to run to unseat Republican Vito Fossella in the 13th Congressional district, which includes the Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst and Gravesend neighborhoods of Brooklyn, and Staten Island. The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) has expressed excitement about my potential candidacy, and local activists in the 13th district and in our neighborhood are encouraging me to enter the race.

Because I believe this is a critical time to have Democratic leadership we can trust in Washington, I am taking a serious look at this race. I share the views of so many of you who feel that our nation's Republican leadership, which is at best incompetent and at worst corrupt, is taking our country in the wrong direction. Mr. Fossella has an egregious record of siding with George Bush, Dick Cheney and Tom DeLay against the interests of New York's working families.

Our country needs more Democratic leadership in Washington. The encouraging news is that every poll shows 2006 is shaping up to be a strong year for Democratic congressional candidates

In the coming days, I look forward to speaking to many of you as I consider my candidacy. I value your opinion. Please don't hesitate to write back and share your thoughts with me. If I do enter the race, I hope I will have your support.

--Bill

1 Comments:

At 2:32 AM, Blogger the political consultant said...

Bill, why are you running? Based on the completely negative feedback you've been receiving from SI Dem activists left, right and center, the people who actually vote in primaries, you must know Harrison would defeat you if you force a primary. And if you find a way to win the primary by outspending Harrison, all you would have done is waste funds that could have been applied to achieve our common goal of unseating Fossella (Although sometimes I wonder if Vito and the RCCC isn’t paying you to do this.).

If you either run or continue to speculate to do such, you will starve the Harrison campaign of its ability to raise national money it needs to defeat Fossella.

You also need a geography lesson. Charlie Rangel's district is about the furthest in distance as any district in NYC from the one you are attempting to colonize, so how is he helpful?

You've tried getting the media to believe that the national Democratic money views you as a rock star, but you’re just a one hit wonder who has problems booking gigs in bars, based on your trouncing by Christine Quinn and your fear of running for the open seat in your district.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home