NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Candidate Speculation: Harrison

In an earlier post pondering the likelihood of Harrison getting another shot at Fossella I noted;


Should Mr. Harrison jump in, I have to believe the earlier his announcement the better his chances are. If he is in, I would imagine an announcement will come by April of this year.


As mid March approaches this week, news from the political world comes out that 2006 Democratic Congressional candidates Darcy Burner (WA-08) and Eric Massa (NY-29) have both announced their intentions to run again. Darcy and Eric both lost their races 51.5%-48.5% and both if I recall correctly brought in more money than Fossella did in 06. Considering their races were a lot closer and more expensive, despite being in smaller media markets, I think potential candidates back here need to take notice.

UPDATE
I had a much more in depth post on this topic this morning, but had to run out the door before I could finish it. Nonetheless the party and supporters have their plate full with two special elections in just two weeks. See my previous post Financing a Run at this Seat for the reasons for early announcements like these.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home