NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

McMahon gets nomination, Cusick out

The Richmond Democratic County Committee has nominated Mike McMahon by a vote of 131-40. This follows on an earlier decision by Mike Cusick to not run for the seat. via the Advance;


"I took a hard look at Congress," Cusick (D-Mid-Island) told the Advance in a telephone interview moments ago. "I looked hard at what it would take to get there. The one thing utmost in my mind was what would be best for the people I serve, and the people of Staten Island as a whole."

snip

"I don't want to have a fight for the seat, a fight in the party," Cusick said. "This is a hard decision for me."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home