NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Republicans may never hold this seat again

via the Examiner;


"Bob Straniere is hated by the party. He is one of the people most despised by Republicans on the island," said Doug Muzzio, a professor of politics at Baruch College. "He's going to lose, and he will probably lose it big, even in a borough that often votes Republican. After Fossella, they may never hold that congressional seat again."

2 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The possibility that the GOP will never again hold this seat is quite real.

In 2010, there will be a redistricting of House seats. New York stands to lose two congressional seats. NY-13 will most likely expand to take in more of Brooklyn. As the Brooklyn side of the district increases, so does the likelihood of keeping the seat in the hands of the Dems. Also, it increases the chances of non-islander getting hold of the seat.

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I scared Straniere away from the Bay Ridge Foodtown today. He was outside shaking hands when I got there. He shook my hand and introduced himself. I said "wait, you're the Republican running in the NY-13 race?"

"Yes," he said, "I am."

My response: "I'll be voting for your opponent."

He was gone when I came out 5 minutes later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home