NY13 Blog; Retaking NY-13 from Rep. Vito Fossella

Following the corruption, ineffectiveness and hypocrisy of Rep. Vito Fossella.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Recchia's fund raiser?

October 24th was Domenic Recchia's first fund raiser, as Azi first reported. Since then I have heard nothing. In the first reporting of the fund raiser Azi commented, maybe profoundly to my question;

The turnout here should function, in part, as a measure of the Democratic institutional [spelling corrected] support he'll have against Steve Harrison.


Anyone have any information on Recchia's fund raising results? Feel free to email me if you don't want to leave a comment ny13blog@gmail.com (this is always available on the right column).

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a staunch Harrison supporter who lives on Staten Island. Tonight I went to a fundraiser for a local museum and Recchia was there to present an award to Councilman McMahon. He did not impress me much with his remarks - seemed to be the "typical politician", (but maybe I didn't hear enough to render judgement).

But what was disconcerting was the talk I heard that Recchia is being actively supported for the seat by McMahon and his powers.

I really didn't feel Rocchia has the 'progressive stuff'. I have no idea what his stand on Iraq is.

But his name does end with a vowel.

We've got a fight on our hands.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Rosalie907 said...

Recchia and McMahon are good friends and McMahon has been getting Recchia's name out to many
in SI. Recchia is supported by McMahon and "powers" have not been vocal as to where they stand. I do know that many club members resent Recchia running (he doesn't even live in the district).

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "dish" at the event was that Recchia will be the one (a lot of high powered Dems there at $200 a plate).

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Rosalie907 said...

This was the event honoring McMahon and Otto - right?
Anyhow, I know that McMahon wants Recchia and the other powers that were there were there for McMahon and Otto so there were Republicans also attending. The "foot soldiers" of the clubs for the most part don't want Recchia and there will be a primary where the people will decide. With Recchia not living in the district I think this is going to backfire on him. Remember, Steve already has a slew of volunteers ready to start campaigning for him. It's going to get very interesting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home